Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Danger Zone

bY mIKE yAWN

Those jets and airplanes just keeping me awake tonight. It's loud. They are doing something. Go! That's our people up there. Wish I was with them. They've been running on something for hours. Well, if they fall down here they will have a good and safe home. I do miss 'em. Last night the moon was so bright it kept me awake all night. Staring at me.

Sometimes I pick up their radio chatter in my head. There is one pilot named "Iceman" and another called "Viper" up there taking it to the enemy for our boys who are so mislead by Stinky McSpiders who wants to control the information. Too bad he can't control my radio receiving dental work. We've got a General who doesn't know what he's doing, and an enemy who does. Some officers and NCOs don't follow McChrystal's orders. I've asked a lot of commanders here to tell me about the last time they caught or killed an al Qaeda guy here. No commanders can remember catching or killing any al Qaeda here in recent years.

Ever think about what your grandfather taught? He never said take the easy road. He said take the right road, and started walking. And never scratch yerself when women can see you.

Viper is talking to someone on the ground who is probably a ninja commando with implants.

I took 47 photos of the moon setting tonight. Some are slightly out of focus due to clouds. Goodnight, moon.

4 comments:

  1. This must be killing you Michael... you not being able to be there. I know that the guys miss you too! :( I sure hope our guys are up to something rewarding!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. McCrystal is sending the planes up just to keep you awake. Hang in their!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I linked this post from my blog.

    ReplyDelete