Friday, April 30, 2010

Waiting

Looked up at the night sky and felt the twinkling eyes of the world upon me. Billions of stars. Billions of souls. Begging askance for the truth about McChrystal's war.

I alone, can deliver.

Only my duty (and your donations through the Paypal link, authorize.net or check or money order made out to “Mike Yawn” and sent to the PO Box below) keeps me going.

For now, must get rest. Brushed my teeth. Heard a noise. Thought it might be the Taliban, or Charlie. Grabbed the loaded and cocked pistol, placed with care under my pillow.

Just a mangy Afghan dog. Choked it. Watched the smoldering embers of life fade slowly from its eyes. Now they are black. Just like another night, at war. Perhaps my dreams will be better, more innocent.

Tomorrow, another mission.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, Michael... this brought tears to my eyes. Praying for you!!! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep well, Michael! And stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read this important message. Something is wrong. McChrystal is failing.

    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/MichaelYonFanPage

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will wait with you Michael until they tell us the truth because you know they are lying they always do they cover everything up just like when you were fighting in Iraq you told us the truth but nobody was listeining

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is this kind of extraordinary reporting and quest for the truth that has made you indispensable, Michael. We know we can count on you to tell it like it is, even when it's not pretty. Hitting the PayPal button (again!) and encouraging others to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ben, STOP ATTACKING MICHAEL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ben, STOP ATTACKING MICHAEL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ben, STOP ATTACKING MICHAEL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ben, STOP ATTACKING MICHAEL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ben, STOP ATTACKING MICHAEL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michael, be careful. A friend told me in Iraq they hid IEDs in dogs. It wouldn't surprise me to see the same thing in Afghanistan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I linked this post from my blog.

    ReplyDelete